Your Guide Through The Ohio Probate Process
When a loved one passes on, families need time to grieve and process the emotional aspects of bidding farewell. Families must also pass through the probate process to settle that loved one’s estate.
Without proper legal guidance, the probate process can be frustrating, stressful, confusing and prolonged. The Law Firm of Amy R. Turos is skilled in helping families navigate the Ohio probate process and the legal issues that can be encountered.
We can help you understand the probate process and keep your family’s bests interests in mind from start to finish.
While we are based in Garrettsville, we serve families during this difficult time in Portage, Trumbull, Summit and Geauga Counties.
- Non-Probate Assets Under Ohio Law
- Stumbling Blocks That Can Hold Up The Probate Process In Ohio
- What Estate Planning Tools Can Help Avoid Probate in Ohio?
- What Actually Is Probate And Is It As Bad As We Hear Or Assume?
Are You The Named Personal Representative? We Can Help You!
If you have been named the executor of a will or the personal representative for an estate, do you fully understand your rights and responsibilities under Ohio law?
Your role is an important one and one that requires full understanding. Attorney Amy Turos is available to explain what you need to do and the many things expected of you by Ohio courts on the decedent’s behalf:
- Organize a comprehensive list of his or her assets
- Pay off any debts, including funeral expenses, from those assets
- In accordance with his or her wishes, distribute any remaining assets (financial or otherwise) to the appropriate people (heirs, beneficiaries, charity, etc.)
A personal representative also is trusted to handle money and assets, and is required to be accountable for his or her actions. Without proper documentation and proof of this intent, you could be sued for something called “breach of fiduciary duty.” A personal representative or executor should consider experienced legal representation during this critical time. Our law firm can help protect you while you complete this duty and administer the estate.
Arrange Your Consultation Today
The Law Firm of Amy R. Turos is available to provide you with comprehensive probate services and guidance. To speak with a team member about your needs, call us at (330) 222-3898 or use the contact form.
Call Me For Your Free, 30 Min Phone Consultation